Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've been using progesterone cream without prescription (PLEASE ANSWER< NO ONE ANSWERED PREVIOUS TIME? Pregnan?

I%26#039;m only using 1ml a day for 15days during the month, can this cause a problem?





I%26#039;ve been having chemical pregnancies eversince ttc, and the docs really is%26#039;nt much of help, just saying i%26#039;m having chemical pregnancies, so i read up on it, and most sites recommend using progesterone cream, i have, but i kinda feel that i should have consult my doctor,





any ladies here ever used progesterone cream without consulting a doctor?


can too much progesterone be a bad thing?|||I have been asking similar questions and i%26#039;ll tell u what someone told me. Progesterone is used in birth control too so if u take it before your pregnant,it wont help. i was told ONLY to take when pregnancy is confirmed. If u are pregnant and taking progesterone,don%26#039;t stop taking it untill about week 16 or what ever your dr. says. week 10 (from what i%26#039;ve read) is when the body stops producing progesterone and the placenta takes over producing it. I would never take any herbs or anything without prescription because sometimes they can do the oppisit of what u want. for instance rasberry tea leaf is suppost to strengthen the uterus and is supposedly good for preventing miscarriage,but if taken too much,or at the wrong time, it can make the uterus contract(it%26#039;s a stimulant of the uterus) and acually cause a miscarriage. I would just be very carefull taking anything thats not prescribed. just because someone else takes it and it worked for them doesn%26#039;t mean your body is the same as that persons. I have had 2 recent miscarriages and i really feel like intuitivly i need progesterone too,but i have to wait till day 21 of my cycle to take the blood test to c if i have a deficiency. u should get a blood test too. request another dr. if this one isn%26#039;t helpfull. have they done any blood work on you? they should have. you can find out a lot of answers by a simple blood test. I am hoping my blood work will show that I have a fixable problem so my next pregnancy will stick after i take what ever supplements i need. but please ask a dr. before taking anything that isn%26#039;t prescribed just in case the effect wont be what ur expecting.|||I hope you used the natural progesterone- its much better absorbed than the synthetic one and does not have much side effects. Although I did not use the cream, last yr I took some herbs which work the same way and boost your progesterone- it was OK there were no problems. But if you feel unsure just try mentioning it to your doctor and hear what he/she as to say.


Natural progesterone is really good and makes your cycle more smoother- its the other fillers that may be mixed in with the cream that may have some side effects. Check the brand and ask for any reviews from other users.


I am sure everything will be fine- try not to go overboard with the use and worry. Talk to your doctor and take your vitamins and have plenty of rest. Good luck honey...take care.|||1 mL isn%26#039;t much, but your doc will be able to measure your levels and tell you how much you need. However my doc once told me that progesterone will have a similar effect as the pill and stop pregnancy :S and then I have seen it used as a way to get pregnant....I am glad I didn%26#039;t listen to my doctor. Though I would look into that. Maybe the wrong amount can do the opposite to what you want and it varies for different people... ?? :S

No comments:

Post a Comment