Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Medical help for baby's skin? Reaction to prescription cream...?

My baby had a recurrance of her yeast infection. It wasn%26#039;t too bad on her bottom, but bad in her mouth. So the doctor gave us a refill on her medicines, but I got a different brand of nystatin cream for her bottom.





I used it yesterday, but I also used some wipes I%26#039;d never used before. She had a terrible reaction, but I don%26#039;t know to which. But whatever hurt her skin, I need help on what to do now.





In her diaper area, everywhere you%26#039;d usually wipe, she%26#039;s so red, and the skin is weeping. I called the insurance nurse line, and they were really nice, but I%26#039;m still left not knowing what to do. I very gently rinse her with cool water, and I haven%26#039;t put any creams on it. I%26#039;m going to leave her without a diaper as much as possible and keep her as clean as possible. It%26#039;s still weeping a little, like a burn. No real blisters, though, more like cracked skin. Red, moist, cracked. She%26#039;s being so sweet.





Any ideas?|||get her examined by a doctor|||Please check with your doctor first but I would recommend using vasiline, it doesn%26#039;t have anything in it that will affect the skin, it should sooth the area and because of the thick greasy texture of it, it will keep her urine from burning the area. Some of the nappy rash creams might do the same job, but I think that vasiline is more natural. Hope this helps, poor little thing.|||GO TO THE PEDIATRICIAN! as a nurse, i can tell you that when it comes to newborns they do not play around, go in and get it seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment