Monday, December 21, 2009

What non-prescription medications and creams can I use to treat my yeast infection?

There are two OTC creams that you can use (In Canada). When choosing make sure you look at the activie ingredients and not the names. They can be very confusing with ovules and creams. Both dosage forms work quite well but I would prefer the cream because tablets take time to dissolve/melt. Miconazole (Monistat) or Clotrimazole (Canestan). If it%26#039;s your first time, get the 1 day. If it%26#039;s chronic get the 3 day or 7 day. Follow the directions on how to apply and if you don%26#039;t know how to apply it, email me and I%26#039;ll give you directions. If the itching and redness does not go away, see a physician.|||There is a herbal product called %26#039;Manjakani%26#039; (Oak Gall) which can help to treat yeast infection. You can read more info about Manjakani from this link:





http://www.herbsforlove.com/hfl/articles鈥?/a>|||Threelac.Look it up on the internet .|||There are many that do so. Monistat(miconazole) is available as a cream. This is 7 day treatment. There are also other regimens(again miconazole) that are 3 and 1 days that use suppositories as the vehicle of miconazole. (I mention miconazole b/c it is what we keep on the hospital formulary). Others include:


terconazole(Terazol)


butaconazole(Femstat)


clotrimazole(Lotrimin)


Ask you pharmacist. They will help you find what you want or prefer.


PS--I know you asked for just OTC but your OB/GYN may be able to give you an oral tablet(fluconazle) to treat it, if you were interested.





I hope I was helpful!|||aw hell, never thought i would hear that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment