Saturday, December 12, 2009

What's a good prescription excema cream to ask for for my 3 year old?

Have used Elidel once but at 40euros a (small) tube, hardly cost effective plus just read it can cause a higher risk of skin cancer so am reluctant to ask for it again. Also is aloe vera good as a general daily cream. Son has flair ups behind knees and in elbows.|||I have used a non prescription product, a natural health product. SkinFix Body Repair Paste, skinfix.ca. Body Repair Paste is made with botanical extracts and has many natural properties, a few are anti itch, styptic, anti bacterial, anti yeast, fungicide, anti microbial, anti inflammatory, antioxidant, and promotes healing. We have used this for many years on such conditions as eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, heat rash,bug bites, jock itch, cracked, chapped skin and lips, sunburn , windburn every irritation, condition and disorder and with absolutely great success.|||Funny, I thought your question was for a %26quot;good prescription excema cream%26quot; ?





I guess I need to get my eyes checked. Report Abuse
|||Guess I need my eyes checked to.





I am new here and can%26#039;t figure out why people ask questions and then choose answers that are way out in left field.





That is why I would rather read the Q %26amp; A%26#039;s and keep my answers to myself. Report Abuse
|||Count me in.





I guess just take it for granted that when someone asks a specific question, they want a specific answer.





I just like reading it all and this happens allot. If you wanted a natural solution..You should have asked for one. Report Abuse
|||Try Arbonne%26#039;s baby care products. Recently received a picture of a 3 yr. old who had been treated with Arbonne.


The before and after pictures were amazing.. The products are herbal and botanical, completely safe, and I highly recommend them. You can only get them through an Arbonne consultant.|||I use Cutivate and Dermatop. I don%26#039;t know if they%26#039;re good for a 3 year old, but it wouldn%26#039;t hurt to ask. I think Cutivate is probably the better option, because I was given it to use on my face because I think the Dermatop was too strong for the skin on my face. Good luck!|||I have atopic dermatitis and have had it for over 40 years.The best prescription medicine is Hydrocortisone cream,but it is not to be over-used because it thins the skin to help heal the rash. You use it two to three times a day and after bathing. As a child,this is what I was prescribed.Over the years I have tried many different prescription medicines.My dermatologist used to make up a hydrocortisone cream with moisturizers;it%26#039;s now available over-the-counter as Cortaid with moisturizers. I find that the Cortaid works just as well as any prescription medicine that I%26#039;ve tried.More important than medication,a good skin care regime is needed:no soaps or scented cleaners,or scented,highly colored lotions.Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizing lotion,the cream,are just as important in helping the skin during flareups. Eczema is exacerbated by the loss of the skin%26#039;s natural moisture barrier,so moisture needs to be replaced.The moisturizing cream needs to be applied several times a day to keep the skin moist;the medicine only needs to be applied two-three times a day and after bathing.Aloe Vera won%26#039;t help dermatitis.Nor will Vaseline or any cream or ointment containing benzocaine or any-caine derivative. And of course,lanolin is to be avoided at all costs.


Good lotions are Cetaphil,Eucerin,Sarna.


I%26#039;ve used Lidex,and I%26#039;ve used Prednisone...I won%26#039;t recommend the Prednisone because there are side effects and the rash comes right back after the course has been taken. I was one of the first to try Protopic(Ihated it and threw it out).


I must say that some rashes will take a very long time to burn out completely,no matter what medication .My worst flare up lasted for four years and I used Prescription hydrocortisone,


Lidex,Prednisone,


and Protopic.I hated the Protopic;it burned,I complained and went back on the hydrocortisone,this time with added moisturizers.The rash eventually went away,and I%26#039;ve stuck to using hydrocortisone and lots of Cetaphil cream for all other rashes.


Protopic and Elidel are both to be avoided at all costs;you know about the link to skin cancer.





Your son should wear all cotton clothes if at all possible;the cotton lets perspration evaporate away from the skin;polyester and rayon don%26#039;t.Perspiration can cause flare-ups.


Keep his nails short and clean;less damage is done if he scratches.|||This is what was prescribed for my daughter (6) which is working well.





Mometasone Furoate Cream USP, 0.1%|||Iv%26#039;e never had it but you can see what this family did for their little girl.


http://www.yourwellnesshome.net/images/E鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment