Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What are some organic alternatives to fight acne other than prescription creams?

Hi,


Solutions for acne that is resistant to treatment:





Investigate compliance


Increase frequency of topical treatment


Begin or increase oral antibiotic dosage


Search for hormonal derangement


Begin oral isotretinoin therapy





Oral treatment:





Acne that is resistant to topical treatment requires oral antibiotics. Many of the antibiotics useful in acne also have an anti-inflammatory activity, which is nearly as important as their effect on the P acnes itself. Oral erythromycin used to be a common treatment for acne, but the rise of resistance has greatly reduced its utility. It is necessary to begin the treatment with doxycycline or minocylcine. Acquired resistance to minocycline and doxycycline is less common than to erythromycin but is still a concern, and use of these drugs should be limited to those patients who truly need them. Patients are instructed to take the drug with food this minimises stomach complaints and maximises compliance. If minocycline or doxycycline cannot be used, alternatives include co-trimoxazole and ciprofloxacin. Risk of acquiring resistance to these drugs after long-term use has not been studied, but the use of these drugs should be minimised. In general, cephalosporins and penicillins are not very effective in treating acne. The increased cost of some of these newer drugs may make using isotretinoin an attractive option in the long-term treatment.





Hormonal treatment:





It is wrong to assume that any woman with acne have a hormonal derangement. In fact, androgen levels do not correlate with acne severity among people with acne. Acne resistant to treatment, especially in a woman with irregular menses, should be investigated. Measurements of total and free testosterone as well as dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate. If these levels are raised, four approaches may be taken: suppression with low dose oral corticosteroid, oral contraception, cyproterone acetate or spironolactone.





Isotretinoin revolutionised the treatment of severe acne. It is used in case of severe nodular acne, but it is commonly used for severe acne that is resistant to oral antibiotics as well. Patients should be monitored routinely.





Feel Freeto contact





Dr.Mojo|||Hi,





I totally know where you%26#039;re coming from. I struggled with really, really bad acne about 2 years ago. Intially I tried tetra-cyclin and retin-a. However, my skin got freakishly dry and I started getting a weird rash on my face.





I quickly stopped taking them and tried Proactive. That sure was a waste of money. I finally started showering directly after the gym and found that this helped tremendously. I also tried a free product I got on the net called Beautiful Skin. Believe it or not, it worked way better than the prescription stuff! I only paid $4.95 for shipping for a month supply. I re-ordered and I use it to make sure I don%26#039;t get back my zits. It also has tea tree oil which feels really good on my skin.





Here%26#039;s the link if you want to get it, I think it%26#039;s the best thing I%26#039;ve ever bought for the price $4.95


http://www.alllsite.info/beautiful-skin.鈥?/a>





Good Luck!|||If you鈥檙e looking for accurate acne information, best to see a dermatologist. Some people believe doctors are predisposed to take the easy way to deal with acne鈥?prescription drugs. But, with many, this simplistic answer may not be the appropriate course of action. Some feel that such prescription drugs just treat the symposium and not the underlying cause. But, a local dermatologist is still your best starting point.





For me personally, I discovered a great informational acne treatment site. Not only is there good information/articles but I got their audio e-book and following it鈥檚 advice can now say that my acne is a thing of the past! Keep in mind, were all different and there are various types of acne, so what works for some may not be totally effective for all.





Bottom line, hang in there, you will get past this! Sincere best wishes and good luck.


Oh, by the way the site that helped me is:


http://www.acne-treatment-medicine-1.inf鈥?/a>





http://www.medical-research-study-direct鈥?/a>


http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/


http://www.san-diego-dentist.us


http://www.san-diego-plastic-surgery-cos鈥?/a>|||I struggled with acne for years and I finally found the solution that works for me. We have been fooled, tricked, deceived, and just plain lied to. It%26#039;s time that someone put a stop to it, and everyone learn the truth!





Those of us who suffer from acne have usually been given 2 choices and neither of them work:





1. Over the counter remedies such as cleansers, creams, ointments, etc. These things have been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





2. Go see a doctor and or dermatologist. They will generally prescribe prescription drugs which include topicals and or antibiotics. This, too, has been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





I found a step-by-step program that cured my acne and it has never come back. It is amazing and doesn鈥檛 use any drugs or doctors. The truth is that acne can be cured鈥f we know the secret the doctors and drug companies don鈥檛 want us to know.





There is a great website: http://cure-my-acne.info/3daycure/ that has all the details. I really suggest you check it out and see if it works as well for you as it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment